Nullarbor Couch, selected by Lawn Solutions Australia as the very best performing couch turf for your home lawn, sporting surface or commercial project. It is the couch variety that is best suited to your region and is the perfect choice in couch grass. It has:
- a fine leaf blade & dark green colour
- a strong horizontal growth habit that makes it tolerant of low mowing
- low dormancy which means it has an early start to growth after winter
- a rapid recovery from wear and other stresses
- good tolerance of broadleaf herbicides for weed control
- excellent wear tolerance
*** PLEASE NOTE TURF IS A CUSTOMER SPECIAL ORDER AND CAN TAKE 2-3 DAYS FOR DELIVERY****
Like most couch grasses Nullarbor Couch will require frequent mowing in the summer and can invade garden beds with its deep subterranean runners. Because couch thatches up more quickly than other lawn varieties, it will require vertimowing or de-thatching from time to time. But because of it’s lateral growth habit, Couch can be mown much lower than other varieties. This will also help to keep thatch at bay.
When you have a Couch lawn, it can be prone to weed and pest problems, so you will need to keep on top of these with the right sprays and other control measures.
Like all varieties, couch will enjoy being watered every few weeks in summer. But it is a very drought tolerant lawn, so it should not require as much as others like kikuyu.