The Landscape Association (TLA) was founded in 1979 with the aim of raising public perception of the Landscaping Industry via increased quality in landscape construction, design and maintenance works. Our goal is to support landscape professionals to increase their skills; create innovative landscapes of superior craftsmanship; care for the environment; and grow thriving businesses.
Since its foundation, TLA Members have earned a well-deserved reputation for quality and professionalism. Long gone are the days of landscape professionals being seen as ‘a man with a ute’. The Landscape Industry has become highly regarded, not only by the general public, but by the construction industry, government bodies and other associated professionals.
Today’s modern society demands a complex range of skills and a high level of workmanship from Landscape Professionals. TLA has overseen innovative changes in techniques used on landscaping sites and encouraged its Membership to advance work practices through changing technologies.
The support we offer our Membership on an industry-wide level includes initiatives such as:
- Acting as a united voice for our Membership and industry with regard to legislative change, working conditions and other issues affecting the present and future of the profession
- TLA was instrumental in developing the first tailored, nationally recognised landscape-specific trade and diploma courses. We were powerful advocates for this endeavour and continue to contribute to discussion regarding the format, curriculum and delivery of qualifications.
- Contributing to discussions regarding care for the environment
- Conducting annual Landscape Excellence Awards to recognise the skills, innovation and dedication of Members. The industry benefits as a whole, but so too do the winners who are heavily promoted individually
- Forging strong bonds and working relationships with other industries, associations, government bodies and key stakeholders on a local, state, national and international level
- Actively advertising, promoting and representing the Membership in forums such as mainstream media, social media, online and in person through trade and career expos.